Career Center is sponsoring an Early Bird Internship Fair tomorrow!
This internship fair is also co-sponsored by Society of Women Engineers (SWE)!
Please come out! It’s open for all majors!
Early Bird Internship Fair
Date: Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Place: MLK Student Union, Pauley Ballroom, 3rd Floor
Some of the employers are… A2Z, Amgen, CBS Interactive, Chevron (Finance), Chinese Community Health Resource Center, Enterprise, General Electric, IBM, KQED, Macy’s, Sybase, TiVo, UC Berkeley Washington Program, Yahoo!. Log into Callisto to review this year’s Career Fair Directory. Directory information is updated up to the day of the fair – be sure to check frequently. Also, be sure to bring your UC Berkeley Student ID to the fair.
In alignment with COSE’s goals to improve the student online experience, CalCentral’s User Experience team is setting up interviews to learn more about what works and what doesn’t work for students in the Berkeley online student experience. We are seeking about 5 students with a mix of the following attributes:
- Standing and level
- Campus involvement
- Familiarity with/use of technology
Fill out this screening survey asap!
If selected, participation would involve 90 minutes of their time during the week of October 17, 2011. The incentive for participation is a $15 gift card for Free Speech Cafe.
Whether you are interested in interning/working in a startup, attend the UC Berkeley Startup Fair this October 12 at Pauley Ballroom from 10am to 4pm. This event is hosted by Computer Science Undergraduate Association (CSUA), Eta Kappa Nu (HKN), and Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). Although this event is planned by (EE)CS groups, I encourage other majors to check out the event because it is a great opportunity to network and learn more about various startups.
To find out more information about this event, please check out http://ucbstartupfair.com/
- The bill that I sponsored and helped write for Net Impact passed! Thank you Senator Abbasi for making helpful amendments to the bill, and thank you to the Net Impact officers that sacrificed time out of their Monday night to speak to Finance Committee.
- Senator Sayarath and I held a Eshleman/SURGE Townhall and Funding Workshop on Friday, September 30 at Senate Chambers. Senator Sayarath was generous enough to bring lemonade, cheese, and crackers for the attendees! During the townhall, we selected the publications/OCF division representative. His name is Dara Adib (OCF), and any concerns about SURGE spaces for publication groups or OCF should be directed to him because he will start meeting with the architect.
- I have been consistently attending COSE (Cal Online Student Experience) meetings. Please consider getting involved in this project because having a one-stop portal would be extremely helpful to all students and prospective freshmen!
- I wonder if anyone reads my blogs. Should I just start making my blog entries less formal? Maybe. For now, this one bulletin point will be informal. Hi. I think I caught a cold, and I’m pissed because this is the second time that I got sick in the span of a month. Wah. Thank you sleep depravity, stress, and my busy schedule for weakening my immune system. I’m so tired right now; my eyelids feel like they weigh 25 pounds each. I probably can’t even lift 25 lbs with my arm… which reminds me, I need to hit the gym.
- I met up with all my interns, and I love them! I am lucky to have such amazing interns, and I look forward to accomplishing great works with them.